THE HELM -
- Must be full sailing member of SBSC
- Must agree to follow Club Rules
- Must be able to sail at RYA Level 2 standard (does not have to hold certification but must be able to sail a triangle in medium winds)
- Must be able to rig a boat appropriately
- Is responsible for correct washing down and storage of boat and equipment after sailing
- Must use mast head floats (unless prior approval for non-use is granted)
- Must report any damage to the Chief Instructor on 07938 190846 and list damage on notice board in the club mast store
- Agrees to pay for any damage and/or pay insurance excess should a claim be necessary
- Will pay for hire prior to using the boat.
- Ensure that all crew members wear a buoyancy aid and suitable clothing.
- Are responsible for the ability and safety of their crew where relevant.
- Take a phone with you if you can as a safety measure.
- Notify a friend that you are going out and when you will be back. Phone them when you are back in.
- Must stay within sight of the clubhouse.
The use of boats is restricted to winds of Force Four and under and is at the discretion of the club committee or race officer of the day. Please consult with experienced members.
Please treat the boats as if they were your own. They are a valuable resource to the club and should be well cared for. As the person hiring the boat, you have a duty of care to yourself, any crew, and the club boat that you are hiring.
Last updated 2:55pm on 23 March 2021