Snettisham Beach Sailing Club
SBSC is a busy, friendly West Norfolk club with a great history, and unrivalled reputation for running top events and an exciting tidal stretch of The Wash to sail on as well as an inland non tidal lake for beginners to try their hand at sailing before venturing onto the sea.
For racing the location is always exciting with every day bringing new conditions from wind and tide.The club boasts excellent facilities including a concrete launching ramp, adjacent dinghy and private car park, large bar and galley and spacious changing rooms.
Our west-facing terrace overlooks a beautiful sandy beach which provides spectacular evening sunsets as you sit on the veranda over a drink or meal.
- Racing on the sea every Saturday and Sunday, Friday evening series when tides allow, Bank holiday racing, Open Meetings, Club cup races Currently three Fleets: 2000s / Fast H'cap/ Slow H'cap
- We can get over 50 boats out for racing
- Dedicated Safety cover helmed by qualified drivers to support all sea sailing
- Junior Racing programme on the sea and gravel pits throughout the season.
- Variety of club boats and equipment available for hire
- Recently extended Clubhouse with fantastic West facing balcony open every weekend during the season with bar and food available.
- Themed nights including Italian evenings, race night & quiz nights
- Meet new friends
- Opportunities to get involved with volunteering even if not a sailor
- RYA Recognised Training Centre and RYA British Youth Sailing Recognised Club approved to run all accredited courses for adults and juniors with qualified instructors
- Junior Wednesday Club May August
- Kick Start junior race training
- OnBoard Club Kids learn to sail, 6 week course
- Ladies Learn to sail course over 6 mornings
- Fleet of Club boats available for members' use
Feel free to visit the club during the season, to ask questions, talk to the members and find out more about us first hand.
Last updated 3:22pm on 25 January 2021